Ordered Iphon 5 from Fake Verizon Store. Never got it!
mowtin

On Sept 14th I ordered an iPhone 5 from what looked like a Verizon store in Flatbush avenue Brooklyn NY. It had Verizon banners on the outside. It had Verizon accessories on the inside, etc. The only odd thing was these dudes working at the counter were using laptops and cell phones.

Foolishly, I have them a $250 security deposit plus $50 deposit for the phone. They said I would have the phone by Oct 5th, then Oct 6th, then Oct 8th, then Oct 12th. Nothing. I went there personally on Oct 15th and demanded an order number or tracking number. They promised they would have one for me by the next day. I told them DO NOT reorder the phone if there isn't already an existing order. The next day they gave me an order number--ship by OCT 26th!!

I PRE ORDERED on Sept 14th how could my ship date be the same date someoen ordering today Oct 17th would get?!

So I ordered one online today. Ship date Oct 17th. I wasn't asked for a security deposit. I called Verizon they had no record of any pending account from me. What did these dudes do with my security deposit if it didn't go to Verizon?

Can Verizon do something about these people? Obviously they're running some kind of scam.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ordered Iphon 5 from Fake Verizon Store. Never got it!
Tidbits
Legend
0 Likes
mowtin

It's the first store on the list--1573 Flatbush ave. It tried to call yesteday to get my money back but they didn't pick up.

When I ordered online I paid $326 for iphone 5 32GB Black with 2-year-contract and 4GB/month data. I wasn't asked for a security deposit. This fake verizon store asked me for a $250 secuity deposit + $50 iphone pre-order deposit.

I got a receipt but my receipt didn't have an order number or anything I could use to look up my oder.

My theory is that they take preorders, get the phones and sell them on eBay. Then they reorder the phones and give customers some BS about why the phone arrived so late.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Can you not go back to that same store and request a refund with your receipt? Go in with a phone so you can call CS while you are standing in the store if they refuse to give you a refund. This is assuming this is a Verizon store and not a authorized retailer. Just visited the link and saw that it is an authorized retailer. Did any of the paperwork you received when placing the order with them discuss refund procedures or any of their policies? You need to physically go in and deal with them.

0 Likes