Ordered iphone as upgrade on my line without knowing I could order on another line and keep unlimited data.
grammieandgracie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pre-ordered the iphone 5 on Sept. 14th, as an upgrade on my line. Now I find out that I should have ordered it on a non smartphone line on my account to keep my unlimited data. So I did. Now what do I do with the original one that I recieved? I did not activate it. Am waiting for the other one. Expected ship date of the 19th. I was out of town on a family emergency when mine came. Do I return it, sell it, or what? Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ordered iphone as upgrade on my line without knowing I could order on another line and keep unlimited data.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi grammieandgracie,  We want you to be able to enjoy your new device as quickly as possible!  I apologize for the delayed response as I understand this is a time sensitive matter. What reservations do you have about a new plan? How much data do you typically us?  You do have the option of our 14 day Worry Free Guarantee is you feel the device is not right for your needs.  This return would include a $35 restocking fee.  Please let me know if I can address any questions about your options.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport 

0 Likes
Re: Ordered iphone as upgrade on my line without knowing I could order on another line and keep unlimited data.
Not applicable

I get more and more amazed that despite this being a policy for over 3 months and was announced as a major story 4 months ago that people are "surprised" by this policy.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I don't think that this part was announced as a "major" story in the same way that the $2 credit card bill payment charge was.  For you and me, this was common knowledge.  I received tweets and saw it on no less than six different websites the first day that this was announced, at least two weeks before June 28th.  But everyone doesn't follow phone, and much less carrier, news the same way that we do. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Depending on when you received the 1st iPhone it may be too late for you to do anything. You only have 14 days to return...if you received it on the 21st then your 14 days ended last week. In which case you are simply going to be without your unlimited data. You can check to see if you can still return it. Your other option may be to pay full retail if returning is not an option...but you'd need to check if they have already taken your unlimited data plan away.

0 Likes
Re: Ordered iphone as upgrade on my line without knowing I could order  on another  line and keep unlimited data.
grammieandgracie
Enthusiast - Level 2

My data varies, I live in the country where our internet service is very slow. So, I need to keep my unlimited, so when I need to use alot, I don't have to worry about it. I already have four phones on  my account 3 smartphones and one basic. Have been a loyal Verizon customer for close to 10 years. That adds up to alot of money over the years for me. I realize for a big company, one account is no big deal, but as I said, it is a big chunk of my budget. The first phone I ordered, I did return. I cannot believe the "Worry Free" guarantee would include a $35.00 restocking fee. Also, the first phone, I ordered had a $50.00 credit with it. So when I ordered the second phone it did not show that it had a credit until after I ordered it! So, I am out the $50.00 credit, $35.00 restocking fee, and lost out on the credit on the new one I ordered, which by the way I cannot get any details about except that order recieved and being processed. It is the 15th and I supposedly have a ship date of the 19th, with no updates? Not to mention the "new $30.00 upgrade fee." So, two new smartphones with accessories, upgrade fees, restocking etc., way more than I was expecting when I first ordered the phones. Instead of the restocking fee, you should have just let me keep the 1st phone, and keep my unlimited data, instead of going through all this ordering on the basic line, then activating on my line. What a mess. My Droid X has not even lasted two years and I am disabled an have to travel 300 miles over the Colorado mountains for all my Dr.'s appts., and cannot be without a phone, but all this is making me seriously consider another carrier. Not only that but the family emergency I was speaking of  was regarding multible tragic, unecessary deaths. Also, having to make many trips to Denver for, and still am. So, as it stands I have put out a ton of money-(to me) and still do not have a reliable phone. Also, I guess I will get stuck with anothwer $30.00 activation fee! Maybe $250.00 a month is not alot to you,it is a great deal to me, not to mention all the other money I've stated that I had to put out, all while being disabled and having an unthinkable family crisis! It is very difficult to have the time, energy, and resources for all this. I cannot follow you on Twitter,because I don't do Twitter, Facebook, or anything else. This is the very first time I have ever gotten involved in this type of thing with anyone or any business. It looks to me as though it will be to no avail. My original question was not even addressed. The reply too late to help, even if it had been answered. I am not a mean or unreasonable person, just thought maybe I could get some SUPPORT. Verizon has always told me the customer comes first and how they pride themselves on customer service. As of late I have not found that to be the case. Much to my dismay.

Regards,

Broke with broke phone  

0 Likes
Re: Ordered iphone as upgrade on my line without knowing I could order  on another  line and keep unlimited data.
grammieandgracie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much, that was very kind and observant of you. It meant alot! Have a great day!

0 Likes
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

If you happened to order that first phone from apple, there is a 30 day return policy.

0 Likes
grammieandgracie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info, but I ordered it from Verizon. I did return it on time. Have a great day!

0 Likes
grammieandgracie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the info, I did return it on time. Never even opened it to see what it looked like. Just need a reliable phone! Have a great day!

0 Likes