Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PUK code for phone not connected to service
bpezzano

When I upgraded my phone from the IPhone 5s to the IPhone 6 I gave my granddaughter my IPhone 5s. It is not connected to service with any provider, she is only able to use it to play games and apps when connected to a WIFI connection. She recently locked herself out of the phone when she forgot her unlock code. We solved this problem by connecting the phone to iTunes and "recovering" it. Once we got it turned on to start the "set up" process again it now says "PUK locked". So what I'm needing is the PUK code necessary to allow her to use her phone once again. I went to "my devices" on my Verizon home page, but the only devices listed are the ones my husband and I currently have connected to service.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: PUK code for phone not connected to service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Bpezzano, it is nice that your granddaughter is able to use the old phone. I am sorry to learn that you are now getting that error. Basically what it means is that she locked the sim card. We can try to unlock it without being active on the account. Please try to enter in 1111, this is the default code. Please keep us posted as to how this worked.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes