Personal Hot Spot - 'Discoverable' but not actually working
ronilou2014

Personal Hot Spot - 'Discoverable' but not actually working (no nifty blue bar & my other device can't connect) -I have tried repeatedly to get it to work. Bought a new phone (figured it was time and it didn't work on old one either) hoping it would work.  I did all the set up correctly, over and over again (and over) and I got the blue bar for maybe 10 minutes (and I do get the 'Now Discoverable' under my turned on personal hot spot) so I know it sort of works ....then it went away and won't come back no matter what I do. I've googled all suggestions and tried them all... nothing works. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas to help? i actually changed plans to get this feature and am really frustrated that it doesn't work.

Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Personal Hot Spot - 'Discoverable' but not actually working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ronilou2014, help is here front and center! Please try resetting the network settings in the device: http://vz.to/1nCbDJs Also, are you on the latest software version on the device? Go to settings, general, and about.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ronilou2014, help is here front and center! Please try resetting the network settings in the device: http://vz.to/1nCbDJs Also, are you on the latest software version on the device? Go to settings, general, and about.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Rayth

Apple makes you pay for hotspot service it a sweetheart deal with phone companies where other Smartphones like the Motorola Razor has android apps that allows your phone to be a hotspot for free.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually that is not accurate. Verizon wireless unless part of your plan will require you to pay $30 for 2GB of data per month.

It must be activated through Verizon.

If you have a plan where hotspot is included, the iPhone or iPad can be used as a hot spot. However the device must be active to be discoverable in order to hook to the hot spot.

Do not confuse "free WiFi" with hot spot connections. Once the hotspot is active, SSID name and password it works like free WiFi, but you are drawing from your data allowance.

WiFi connections through your home router or public WiFi does not draw from your data allowance.

How can I activate personal hotspot on...: Apple Support Communities

How can I set up hotspot: Apple Support Communities

Good Luck

0 Likes