Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Personal Hotspot not working
Joe2001

Personal Hotspot on iphone 5s but cant be seem by other devices

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Personal Hotspot not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's ensure you have a full use of of your personal hotspot. What other devices are being used? Is there Wi-Fi ability turned on? Is bluetooth currently on with your iPhone?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bnb2711

My Dad, sister, and I all have iPhone5S.  Theirs worked, mine didn't.  I got the "Discoverable" message, but other devices didn't see it.  Also, in the settings, theirs would say "Personal Hotspot   Off >".  Mine didn't have the "Off".  We all had the same 9-character password.  I changed mine to an 8-character code and it works now.  Mine is the main phone on the account, which we recently upgraded with the hotspot capability.  No idea why their 9-character codes work and mine doesn't.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I appreciate the details, bnb2711! I would like the opportunity to review the account settings to ensure everything is provisioned correctly. I just sent you a follow request. Please accept and follow back so that we can better assist.

I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes