Phantom Emails In Sent Box
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

My phone Cox mail account shows 12 emails in the sent folder, but when I open the folder it's empty. How do I get rid of the number 12 in the sent folder ?

richie

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phantom Emails In Sent Box
PathMan

I had something similar, but it was with missed phone calls and phone messages.  I re-set my network settings and that cleared it up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

richie72846,

We do not want you to have to deal with Phantom emails. Did anything change on your device around the time this began? Do you have other email accounts on your device? If so, are they also showing phantom emails? Please try resetting network settings as suggested by PathMan and let us know if that helps. (Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network settings)  If that does not work you can also try removing and readding the email account.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

The only thing that changed was this. I had 12 emails in the sent folder and I was getting ready to delete them since they were old and no longer needed. I meant to hit the delete button but accidently hit the "mark as unread" button. I then hit the delete button and they were gone, but the sent folder still shows 12 unread emails. I really hesitate to reset network settings for fear I'll only make things much worse.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi richie72846! I certainly know how important your email is on your phone. I can't remember the last time I checked my email on a computer. What kind of device are we talking about? Is this a phone or a tablet? Have you tried deleting and re-adding the email account on your device? I can certainly get the steps for you on how to delete and re-add an email account once I know the device you are working with. Thanks in advance!

BryanS_VZW
Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

Bryan,

Its an iPhone 5s and the email account is a Cox POP3 account. Here's the problem with deleting the account and then re-adding it. Verizon no longer supports Cox POP email, everything is IMAP now. However, if you already have a POP3 account it is still supported, but you cant create a new one. I want to keep my POP account, I hate IMAP email. So, that's why I don't want to delete my present account.

richie

0 Likes
sandys_vzw
Verizon Employee

richie72846,

I can certainly understand your hesitancy with trying this reset. The only
other option would be if Cox has an email app available that you can use
instead of using the phone's native email app. Given your details, I can see
why the account may be glitchy, as it seems to be in a conflicting format of
what may be supported. I recommend trying a Cox 3rd party app and if that is
not an option or doesn't work for you, the final step would be to reset the