Phone Number= Problem with texts, data etc?
Pnhtricey
Contributor - Level 1

Does anyone know if a phone number is a reason for slow data, text messages etc? Are there any phone issues that can be a result of having a "bad" phone number?

When I had the iPhone 5, my pic messages were not sending and I was having severe data issues. The replaced the phone twice and the SIM card and I ended up taking the phone back and switching back to my S4 before I got the 5s opening day. What does switching out a SIM card do? Does the SIM card have anything to do with how a phone is receiving data/network signals?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone Number= Problem with texts, data etc?
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

A "bad" phone number?  In what way?  How can a phone number be "bad"?

The SIM card has EVERYTHING to do with a phone receiving data/network signals.  It's what identifies you on and to the network.

Did they check to see if there was an overall data or tower problem in your area?

0 Likes
Re: Phone Number= Problem with texts, data etc?
Pnhtricey
Contributor - Level 1

My friend was telling me she knew someone who had to change their number because their texts and MMS messaging were being funny and not sending/recieving O_O.  Well they switched out the SIM when I previously had the iPhone 5 but this time they didn't do anything, now that you mention it, I think I might just go there after work to have a new SIM inputted because now I'm on 3G 90% of the time instead of LTE and the LTE switch is on. All they did (technician online) recommended a network extender -_- hello that doesn't help me when i'm away from home. smh.

0 Likes