Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phone Number= Problem with texts, data etc?
Pnhtricey
Novice

Does anyone know if a phone number is a reason for slow data, text messages etc? Are there any phone issues that can be a result of having a "bad" phone number?

When I had the iPhone 5, my pic messages were not sending and I was having severe data issues. The replaced the phone twice and the SIM card and I ended up taking the phone back and switching back to my S4 before I got the 5s opening day. What does switching out a SIM card do? Does the SIM card have anything to do with how a phone is receiving data/network signals?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone Number= Problem with texts, data etc?
ttipgem

A "bad" phone number?  In what way?  How can a phone number be "bad"?

The SIM card has EVERYTHING to do with a phone receiving data/network signals.  It's what identifies you on and to the network.

Did they check to see if there was an overall data or tower problem in your area?

0 Likes
Re: Phone Number= Problem with texts, data etc?
Pnhtricey
Novice

My friend was telling me she knew someone who had to change their number because their texts and MMS messaging were being funny and not sending/recieving O_O.  Well they switched out the SIM when I previously had the iPhone 5 but this time they didn't do anything, now that you mention it, I think I might just go there after work to have a new SIM inputted because now I'm on 3G 90% of the time instead of LTE and the LTE switch is on. All they did (technician online) recommended a network extender -_- hello that doesn't help me when i'm away from home. smh.

0 Likes