Phone cracked while in otter box case
Jackie4798

I have the big defender otter box case on my iPhone 5 and today i was holding it at waist height and dropped it onto gym floor. It landed on the front screen and when I picked it up it was shattered, through the screen protector on the case, and the tough screen(LCD) doesn't work anymore wither. The screen appears black with many white stripes. I am very upset that it is now broken when I have the ugly case on it so things like this dont happen. Is there anyway Verizon, otter box, or apple can fix my phone or give me a new one for free? I do not have insurance on it btw

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone cracked while in otter box case
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jackie4798, We are sorry to hear about your device being broken. The ottorbox is a great accessory to protect your device from normal wear and tear. Since the phone was dropped, insurance or paying full retail would be the best resplacement options.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I believe Otter Box has some sort of warranty. I am unsure of what it covers, though, as I have never used their products or read their literature. You should check with them, or read the warranty information included with your case.

0 Likes
Not applicable

OtterBox Limited Warranty Details

They do not warranty the device just the case. See the above link.

Good Luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jackie4798, We are sorry to hear about your device being broken. The ottorbox is a great accessory to protect your device from normal wear and tear. Since the phone was dropped, insurance or paying full retail would be the best resplacement options.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Deb59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since you have no insurance you are SOL with Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Debraonat, we understand that accidents do happen. We're eager to provide you with the best phone replacement options to fit your wireless needs. Does your current device have physical or liquid damage? What happened to it or what issues are you having with it?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

You are replying to a poster replying to the original poster.

Please read to whom is having the issue

Thank You

0 Likes