Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phone does not ring when someone calls
Gator45

Recently, my phone does not ring when someone calls.  I tried everything with sounds, volume, etc.  I took it to a dealer and they reset it, thereby losing all my data.  that was a week ago.  Now it has happened again.  Anyone have a similar problem?

Subject was edited by: Verizon Moderator <<>>

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recently, my phone does not ring when someone calls. I tried everything with sounds, volume, etc. I took it to a dealer and they reset it, thereby losing all my data. that was a week ago. Now it has happened again. Anyone have a similar problem?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Gator45,

What an odd situation. Good thing it's nothing we can't tackle head on. To start, may I ask if the issue began right after you added some of your applications back on your phone? Some apps may be harmful and can potentially disable certain actions you wish for your phone to complete. With that said, you may wish to remove some applications so we can better isolate the issue between apps and the software.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Recently, my phone does not ring when someone calls. I tried everything with sounds, volume, etc. I took it to a dealer and they reset it, thereby losing all my data. that was a week ago. Now it has happened again. Anyone have a similar problem?
rafluegge

I have a simular situation.  With an out of the box iPhone 5 with the apps that came with the phone only, intermentent phone calls go directly to voicemail incorrectly.  However if the caller calls imediately back they get through.  It is not area specific in that it happens in Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.  I have seen many posts on this.  It's not the iPhone.  I have gone to level two Verizon support with out luck. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for checking in, Rafluegge! I'd love to see this resolved. When in these locations do you have a low signal, 0-1 bars? Are all other services working? ( txt and data) Do you have any issues once the call is accepted?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Phone does not ring when someone calls
rafluegge

You and me both would love to see this issue resolved. Thanks for the email, YosefT_VZW. The location signal is healthy and prove to be because the person immediately calls back and gets through. The data works well and we don’t txt. There are no issues once the call is accepted. When the call is accepted it’s very clear.

It must be hard to troubleshoot this problem because it’s intermittent yet happens a lot and not just between the same two people. It occurs with both the caller calling from a mobile or a land line to the iPhone 5.

Your second tier service desk used the MTAS tool and said the setting for “call forwarding busy / some markets” was set correctly. I’m just saying. . .

0 Likes
Gator45

I feel foolish, but am very upset that the person I dealt with at the Verizon store found it necessary to reset and lose my data, including many pictures of our grandchildren. 

I was attempting to plug my earphone into my iPhone while working out.  To make a long story short, I tried to insert it in the wrong place and accidentally [and without my knowedge] moved the tiny bar to "do not ring."

I am astonished that the person at the Verizon store took a long time to try and determine [unsuccessfully] what caused the problem.  The second time it happened, I fixed it myself.

I am very unhappy that my pictures of our grandchildren [which are irreplaceable] were lost because the phone was reset when it obviously did not need to be.

0 Likes
rafluegge

Hi again,

I just had that same thing happen to me again this morning. My phone did not ring, the person called back immediately and got through. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Gator45

I posted a response on the board yesterday. If you don't see it, let me know.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
rafluegge

I don’t see your post from yesterday. I know this is my fault, however. Can you do a cut and paste of what you posted?

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Look 3 messages above yours

0 Likes