Re: Phone does not ring when someone calls
Gator45

I'll be glad to. As you will see, the problem was created by me but was extremely easy to fix.

I have no idea why the Verizon employee thought the phone had to be reset. It caused the loss of pictures of our grandchildren.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
rafluegge

Yikes! I still don’t see it. It isn’t in a post 3 above mine Please help

0 Likes
Gator45

I am having trouble copying and pasting. The short version is that I tried to plug my earphone into the wrong slot and flicked the tiny "switch" to off, thereby causing the ringer not to ring on incoming calls. The second time it happened, I figured out how to turn it back on simply by reading a couple of pages in the manual.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
rafluegge

I don’t think this is our answer. I know exactly what switch you’re talking about. The switch is not touched at all. Again, a call received and goes directly into VM. With-in two seconds (if that) the call goes through. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry your phone didn't ring rafluegge. I know its important to stay connected to your friends and family. What phone do you have? Was this issue occuring inside or outside? If inside, depending on where you were in your home, the signal may have been fluctuating due to structure. Please keep us posted and let us know if it continues to happen. We may have to help you reset your network settings.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Gator45,

Picuture memories are important! I am so excited to hear that your issue has been resolved, yet saddened that your pictures were lost. Did you ever complete a backup to Apple iCloud http://bit.ly/phcxb? You can check there for a possible backup of the pictures. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
budone
Legend
Must be the super secret response that in the post above
0 Likes
Gator45

The NSA is listening.

Personal information removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
narb0408

Although this will be not help, I am having the exact same problem with my iPhone 5.  About 90% of the time, my phone will not ring.  It goes to voicemail after 2 rings.  Got a call this morning that rang, but I could not hear the caller.  Called back and everything was fine.  Voicemail, text, email work fine.  Also, call does not show up as a missed call.

I have reset, turned off Bluetooth, tried everything I can think of.  Verizon and Apple both have tried, but provided no help.  Help me!

0 Likes
rafluegge

Narb0408 described my iPhone 5 problem exactly. Is there no solution? I really wish I could get help. Help!

0 Likes