Poor LTE and 3G signals on iPhone 5?
jcandella

Hi,

I'm getting horrible signal on my iPhone 5, usually 1x or sometimes even No Signal in my area. I've checked the Coverage Locator map and the area is all LTE or 3G covered. Other devices of friends get 3G and LTE easily, and, I hate to say it, but, other devices of friends on AT&T get LTE almost all the time in my area.

Is this a problem with my device? Or is the area a deadzone? Are there any steps I can take to improve my cell signal?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Poor LTE and 3G signals on iPhone 5?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don't want you to have poor coverage, jcandella! Great service is crucial to a good wireless experience. May I ask what zip code you're in? Do you have service issues everywhere you go, or in a particular area?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jcandella

The zip code I am in is 21113. Its usually in one particular area, near Hammond Lane. Though sometimes my signal just stays stuck on 1x when traveling around my area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information jcandella. Has there been a trouble-ticket related to your issue been processed with our tech support team?

KInquana_VZW
follow us on TWitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jcandella

No, there has not. How do I make one of those?

Sorry for the late reply.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are at your service right here, jcandella. Let's make sure we gather all the details. Does the performance vary during different times of day? Is this happening indoors and out? Do others have a similar experience in this same area?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
jcandella

I havent noticed any variations, but there are some times I've got lucky and got a bar or 2 of LTE. Usually outside I get 2 bars of LTE. Inside its always 1x or sometimes even "No Service". Others are getting LTE indoors.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Interesting. Do you know of others in same areas with same/similar issues? Do you have other VZW phones on your account? If so, how is the service on them?

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
jcandella

I don't know anybody that gets the bad reception of 1x and No Signal in the location.

Yes, I have 2 other family smartphones on my account and their reception around the city seems fine, but they have not been in the location I am at.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this information jcandella! Please try Resetting Network Settings, clear memory, then power off, remove SIM for 30 seconds and restart. Let's see if this helps.

Reset Network Settings: http://vz.to/183u2X4
Clear Memory: http://bit.ly/SXSa4r
Remove SIM: http://vz.to/11vfttE

Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes