Prepaid Tablet data plan for iPhone 5
eendii

Hi,

I'm from abroad (outside US) and going to attend a conference in Washington D.C for a week.

I have an iPhone 5 (International Unlocked Model) and wondering whether I can sign up for Verizon prepaid tablet data plan and use it with my iPhone 5.

Since I'm staying for just a week in the US, I do not need voice calls and text.

I only need data to browse the internet and access to google/apple maps to find my way around Washington D.C.

If I can use the plan on my iPhone 5, where should I go to register and get the SIM?

Please help.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Prepaid Tablet data plan for iPhone 5
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think you can get just a "tablet" plan for an unlocked iphone 5. If Verizon Wireless recognizes the IMEI in their system, it would be recognized as a phone not a tablet. Since Verizon Wireless will want to classify the iphone 5 as a phone, you can't activate an unlocked GSM version on the Verizon Wireless network because there isn't a CDMA radio in your phone model.

You might want to check out the GSM carriers available in the area you are traveling instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes