Problem with id of caller
A194

What is the fix when the id of caller from my contact list does not always show on an incoming call?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Problem with id of caller
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A194 - We always want to ensure your services are working properly for you. I welcome the opportunity to assist you regarding this matter. I just need a few more details. Is this happening with one caller or multiple callers? Caller ID display is based on how the caller's info is transferred into your device from the caller's carrier. There are codes that a person can enter or restrictions they can setup in their device to keep it from transmitting properly. Is the Caller ID on your device not displaying the caller's name as saved in your Contacts or is it simply showing up as incoming call with the number information? Is it saying private, blocked or restricted? Any additional info you can provide will definitely assist with getting this resolved quickly for you.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
A194

Thank for a timely response.

This is an intermittent problem and has been limited to just a couple of contacts.

Periodically when receiving a call from a person in my contact list only the phone number of the calling party is displayed, not their name. There is no other message displayed. The majority of these "problem" calls are from a person also on the VerizonWireless network calling from Brooklyn, NY.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information, A194. Being that this issue is only with a couple of contacts; chances are that the issue is associated with settings on the callers end. To ensure that your phone settings are correct, please reset network settings as per this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-84755/

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes