Problems with Touch ID
janetjbm

hello

I just got my iPhone 5S and tried to set up a fingerprint for touch ID. When i tried to set it up it just goes to the failure screen and asks me to try again.

Any idea to resolve my problem??

thx!

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with Touch ID
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello janetjbm,

I'm glad to see that you are excited to use the touch ID on your iPhone 5S! It's one of the best security protocols on a smartphone today. I'm eager to partner with you and get this working for you. May I ask do you have a passcode setup on the device yet? In order to use the touch ID, there has to be a passcode setup on the device first. Also, have you tried setting this feature up using another finger? During the setup process, the same finger has to be used multiple times before it can be registered. If this is the case then please advise so we can continue to assist.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ayreen
Got the same problem with iPhone 5s, I did everything you said including to use another finger for the touch screen security, then it started  opening to apps slower, then last night while taking pictures out In the snow using some apps suddenly the screen turned black and won't restart
0 Likes
Problems with Touch ID
Ayreen
Then I started pressing the on and off screen, nothing happened then tried charging it even the charging screen won't register. I got insurance in this device so better bring it to the nearest Verizon store and had it fixed? This is kind of frustrating since this is my only phone. I'm writing this on my Ipad
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi janetjbm,

I understand wanting to get this fixed as soon as possible! We want you using your iPhone 5S asap. Have you tried a full reset of the phone? To do that, go to http://vz.to/1dAsnfl for steps on how either via the phone itself or via iTunes. Let us know how that goes.

Thanks,

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tabbygrey90
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you guys try to restart the phone? By pressing and hold down the On/OFF top, upper right button, there will be a Pop-Up on the screen asking to Slide to shutdown. That MIGHT help and then restart and try doing the ID Touch finger scan again. I do a restart, just like in a Mac, to refreshen the setting and operating, about once every two weeks. A brand new iPhone will take some time (two days or so) to "get going." That was what I was told at the Apple store. I guess it is doing whatever in the background - settings, locations, etc.

From what I experienced with mine, you HAVE to go slow when it comes to scanning your finger or it will NOT work. There are about 3 steps to complete the process - it has to get the entire finger(s). I have 2 finger prints on mine. You can do 5 IF you choose to. Hope this helps.

0 Likes