Re: Problems with iPhone 5 Push E-mail
Paula_R_Miami

It appears (and this has been verified on an Apple forum), that the problem occurs when the phone switches between radios.  That means, you go from cellular to wi-fi, 3G to LTE or back again.  I have found that a hard re-boot puts it back into push mode.  All the other work-arounds appear to basically require the hard re-boot, and that solves the problem.

Verizon acknowledges the problem (at least the tech I talked to did) and ostensibly it is fixed in the new beta release for iOS.  I can get it to fail pretty consistently, and the hard re-boot works to start it pushing again equally consistently. 

I think the problem is worse on Verizon's phone because it has an extra radio for Verizon's protocol.  So that's like 5 radios in that little phone.  It's not handling the hand-off well.

0 Likes
ooooodum

This has started to work for me as well... and hopefully will continue to!

Im going to (continue to) report this APPLE to hope for a real solution in the near future. 

Thanks Adam <Personal information remove for privacy>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
KnightlyScribe
Enthusiast - Level 2

When it works, are  you connected to WiFi?  If  not, try disabling WiFi on your phone and see if that helps.  WiFi can be really quirky when it comes to email.

0 Likes
Paula_R_Miami

It doesn't matter if I'm on wi-fi or 3g or LTE.  It either works or I do a hard reboot and then it works again.

0 Likes
sohoadam

I understand this issue is going to be addressed in the next version of IOS, coming out in early January.

Mail

Notes

None.

Known Issues

Fixed: In iOS 6.0, push email does not work consistently with Exchange clients. This was usually related to moving between Wi-Fi and cellular networks.

Note that it says FIXED

This comes directly from apple.

0 Likes
escobce

I am experiencing the same problems with the Exchange server Emails. I am not getting notification on any of my incoming Emails. I have compared the setting with people in my office that have iPhone 4S. All the user of iphone 4 don;t have any problems the notification and push EMail are working fine.  Two people in my office changed phones and now have iPhone 5 and the problem is the same on their phones. I think this is something related to the iPhone5.  I have tried all the suggested procedures above and it seems to work for a short time and then stop.

0 Likes
Paula_R_Miami

This problem has been well documented on various iPhone forums. Supposedly the next release of iOS (6.2) is supposed to have the fix in it.

0 Likes
escobce

Paula

Thank you for your information.  Any idea about the release date of iOS (6.2)new?

Carlos <Last name removed for privacy per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Paula_R_Miami

Nope.

0 Likes
MrGeoffrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello All,

My problem was with Gmail.  I ended up downloading the Google, Inc. Gmail app and it works great.  I get notifications immediately!  I even took the iPhone Mail icon and shoved it into my "Stupid Crap" folder  with Maps, Game Center and Passbook.