Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Purchased three new iPhone 5's and can't use without Nano Sim
jszembro

I own a business account with seven existing lines and needed to add fifteen additional lines with basic (no data) phones. I spent hours on the phone with Verizon verifying that I could use three of these new lines to purchase iPhone 5's and then switch them to three of the existing lines that aren't eligible for upgrade. As a result, I purchased twelve basic phones understanding I was going to have to purchase three more at full retail once I activated and switched over the iphones.

I received the three iphones and twelve basic phones today and couldn't get the iphone 5's activated at all. I called Customer Service and was told to go to a Verizon Store.. after 2 hours there, they still weren't able to activate the phones and said I would need three new nano sim cards before I could even switch them over to my existing three lines. PROBLEM is that no one knows when they will get these cards in... I called four different stores and was told anywhere from one week to three months!!! In addition, they said I would have to call around to stores every day until I found them! Exactly what I want to do every morning when I get into work with the possibility of it being months before I potentially get them. Frustrated that I wasn't told this from the beginning on top of the fact that the iphones couldn't even be activated under the three new lines I purchased. Curious if anyone has had similar problem and if you have ANY clue as to when I will be able to obtain these new sim cards. If it is a matter of months, I would rather just send the phones back and say screw it. Pretty poor planning in my opinion as I am sure there are many alternate upgrades with the same problem. Seems like everyone I talked with at Verizon had zero knowledge on this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Purchased three new iPhone 5's and can't use without Nano Sim
brandct

If you have an Apple store near you call them and see if they had any. My local Apple store had plenty in stock and I walked in on launch day and got one.

0 Likes
jszembro

So I called Apple this morning to check on SIM cards and they informed me that the stores do not carry any and that it's the responsibility of the carriers. I called Verizon Customer Service and was told by FOUR people that they couldn't help me and that I was able to return the phones. Finally, I was connected with Tech Support where I was told that I CAN SWITCH THESE PHONES WITHOUT GETTING NEW SIM CARDS! He walked me through what I need to do, which is simply activating the phones under whatever # they were assigned to and at midnight tonight, I can reassign the SIM to whichever line I want. I spoke with SIX different Sales Representatives yesterday and EVERY one of them said I could not accomplish this without getting new SIM cards for each phone. SO, Sales Reps... maybe this news will save you from turning away potential iPhone 5 buyers that are wanting an alternate upgrade!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Jszembro,

I can't express how much I appreciate you taking the time to post this as well as all of your patience regarding the Nano Sim.  I am glad that you were able to speak to our Technical Support who advised the 24 hour turn around time. 

I'm so sorry once again and I will ensure I send your feedback up to make sure we're all on the same page regarding the Nano Sim/Alternate Line activations.

I hope your business is running smoothly!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes