Re: Why won't my phone make or receive phone calls?
snuffy21
0 Likes
Re: My phone will not make or receive phone calls
Loggs64

I just tried these past two suggestions to get mt prepaid etalk phone to work. And it still doesn’t make any phone calls. Or texts. 

0 Likes
sunman1000
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone also could not send or receive calls.  A friend told me to try to deactivate call forwarding.  So I hit *73 and a prompt came up that said "do you want to deactivate call forwarding?"  I hit the deactivate button on the popup.  Sure enough, now my phone works fine.  There is no way I activated call forwarding.  I can only guess that an update to the phone is what did it because I have never used that feature on my S4.  Hope this helps with your problem.

Jamescatoe1

My wife and I live close to a tower two different verizon phones neither can make calls full bars but work anywhere else makes no sense at all. Verizon keeps posting same thing re set pull some none of this works I have a new phone same thing.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Jamescatoe1 wrote:

My wife and I live close to a tower two different verizon phones neither can make calls full bars but work anywhere else makes no sense at all. Verizon keeps posting same thing re set pull some none of this works I have a new phone same thing.

How/have you confirmed that Verizon provides service from those towers?  What is your zip code and closest main road intersection?  Do you have family/friends whose Verizon phones DO work at the same location where you have issues?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
debeb2008

I also cannot make or receive calls for about 2 weeks now.  I do have an old phone; Galaxy S4, but all of a sudden, no service!  phone keeps saying "No Mobile Service" .

I'm in the same place I've been, so what happened to the service?  this is a well populated area, less than 1 mile from I-95 in Greenwich CT, there should not be a problem.  Was on phone (landline) w/VW for over an hour, no fix at all and tech had no idea what could be problem.  Eventually I had to hang up, had work to do!   

Someone (not VW) mentioned to me that since 5G came up the older phones no longer work but I have no way to verify that.  Really aggravating!   I have voice messages that I cannot retrieve, 0 bars, no service at all.  ????  text/email work fine over wi-fi but can't switch to make calls over wi-fi.

0 Likes
debeb2008

I can't even dial *73, everything I try  I get, MOBILE NETWORK NOT AVAILABLE.

what?????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll be happy to help out, debeb2008. Watch for a private note from us in the forum system. EricW_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We'll be happy to help out, debeb2008. Watch for a private note from us in the forum system. EricW_VZW

@vzw_customer_support , @ericw_vzw  I hope you are able to resolve this poster's issue.  If so, however, I also hope you will share any resolution to this Public Forum as others may have similar issues.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read that you're having issues with your service, debeb2008. When did this begin? Were there any changes to the device before this started?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes