Reset/Restart ineffective
LaurenV

This afternoon, my home/menu button didn't work to bring me to my home screen. Normally I can lock the phone using the power button, then unlock and the menu button will take me out of the app I was in and return me to the home screen. This time when I hit the power button, the screen went black as usual, but when I hit it a second time to unlock my screen, the power button didn't work either. I plugged the phone in knowing that usually brings the screen to life for me to unlock it. No such luck. Plugging it in didnt get a response either.

The lack of response from the home button, power button, and plugging in combined led me to the restart and reset troubleshooting instructions. If I hold the power button, I get a white screen with a black apple  that appears for a few seconds and goes away. Same with the reset. I never get an unlock screen to ignore and it never appears to power down. Any ideas or am I stuck visiting apple or verizon once I'm not snowed in? Phone was purchased from verizon in April 2013.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Reset/Restart ineffective
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LaurenV,

Just as an add-on to what technicalsupport recommended, if the computer does not recognize that your phone is plugged in you may need to press and hold the Home button, then connect your phone to the computer. Once iTunes opens on the computer you should get a message saying, "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recoverey mode" and can click OK. From that point, you will be able to click Restore and proceed with the process.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Connecting the device to I-Tunes and attempting to "Restore Phone" would be advised.

If that does not work then it seems like an issue with the device and I would recommend contacting Apple Care.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LaurenV,

Just as an add-on to what technicalsupport recommended, if the computer does not recognize that your phone is plugged in you may need to press and hold the Home button, then connect your phone to the computer. Once iTunes opens on the computer you should get a message saying, "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recoverey mode" and can click OK. From that point, you will be able to click Restore and proceed with the process.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes