Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Restoring Deleted Text Messages on iPhone 5
LOCOLDI1988

How do I restore deleted text messages From my iPhone 5. Is it in extra iCloud storage?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Restoring Deleted Text Messages on iPhone 5
kaebfly
Leader

If you deleted them and they were not part of your most recent iCloud back up then you can not get them back. If they are part of your most recent back up then you can restore that backup to get them BUT any activity that has occurred since that back up will not be included (you'll lose it). In the future I'd suggest not deleting your texts. They don't take up much space so deleting them won't give you much back as far as storage.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

If you deleted them and they were not part of your most recent iCloud back up then you can not get them back. If they are part of your most recent back up then you can restore that backup to get them BUT any activity that has occurred since that back up will not be included (you'll lose it). In the future I'd suggest not deleting your texts. They don't take up much space so deleting them won't give you much back as far as storage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I know how upsetting it can be to lose your text messages LOCOLDI1988. Let's get to the bottom of your messaging concerns. Were the text messages deleted from the stock messaging app on your phone? Did you have iCloud storage on your phone set to back up your text messages?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes