Roaming off still being charged for Global Data Charges
expecting_response

Recently I travelled to 4 countries and I received VZW SMS in every country with a welcome message and charges for SMS/calls etc etc.

I also received a separate SMS  to sign up for global data plan by replying Yes to their SMS. I replied yes to their SMS and was happily using very little data on as emergency needed basis and keeping my cellular data off after the use.  I travelled to one of the countries, which was not covered in the global data plan and I am being charged over 500$ of data charges for that country. I have been requesting customer support to adjust or do something about it, but no response. I do not know how to reach the next level, therefore writing in here.

My question to VZW is --- if you can track me in every country and provide me a simple option to sign up for a global data plan, Does it not make sense to send a clear SMS that your global data plan does not cover this country. VZW can send a welcoming message in that country but does not tell that your global data plan does not cover that country.  Also I have a feeling that my Cellular data roaming was turned off and I am still being charged for that. I do not have any way to find the history/activity of my cell phone. 

Looking forward to a positive response in any way, if VZW is interested in retaining long time  customer of more than 10 years.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Roaming off still being charged for Global Data Charges
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your concerns about the charges on your bill. I will do all I can to provide you with the answers you're looking for. Usually the message received while traveling will provide you with the rates for the country .We also provide the rates online at vzw.com

You can view your usage history online. How long have you been back from your trip? Additionally, if data roaming was powered off, you would not be able to connect to the web unless you were connected to WiFi. Do you recall using the web while you were traveling? Please provide me with a few more details.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
expecting_response

Thank you for taking time to reply. Believe I did not touch my phone after landing in UAE, other than making one call. The message was exactly same in all countries and that's why I had a feeling I am signed up for global share data plan

I picked up my phone to charge it on the day I was returning

It's been 3 weeks since I am back.

Thank you

Raj

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying. I do hope you had a wonderful trip! You mentioned you were turning the cellular data on occasionally to use a little data. When your data is turned on, even for just a few minutes, your phone sees that connection as a window to look through your applications for any notifications that you've missed and download email and other messages, occasionally resulting in a significant amount of data usage. What were the countries that you visited? When you log in to view your statement on http://bit.ly/xB4iTc, does it show you had a $25 Global Data or $29.99 Global Value plan for any part of your trip?

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes