Re: Searching for Signal and Activation Required?
jtsr43

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the zip code. I can see areas where a customer would have issues here. But at worst, this should just have no service. If your device is prompting activation, thats's a different issue entirely. You mentioned trying resets in the past. How to dyou back up the device? Do you use itunes or icloud?
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jtsr43

I back up using iTunes. It has done it several times today even. My phone actually says "Activation Required" right now as I type with an explanation point within a circle to the left of it. When I press it it asks me to choose a Wi-Fi Network. When I select a wifi network is says it may take a while to activate, the asks for my apple id and password. I can't exit the screen. when i press the home button it only allows me to go to wifi settings or make an emergency call. When I get signal again the activation screen disappears and takes me to my home scree. I have had 2 different iPhone 6's and they both had the same problem, so I know it is not hardware.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how troublesome this would be. I see you have reset & even replaced the phone. Are you also using the same SIM card in each of the phones?
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jtsr43

I assume so.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jtsr43, we want to ensure that the SIM card is not causing the issue. You can pick up a SIM card from a direct store location for free. Please click here to find the closest store location: http://vz.to/1JcMcvs This can certainly help and after the reset being completed, this is something we will want to test out.

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes