Re: Selling iPhone 5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

learnfree,

The iPhone 5 is a great device and definitely the latest & greatest. I know it would be hard for me to part ways with it, but if you are interested in selling it, I'm happy to outline the process.

After ordering the device you have the ability to sell it in its original packaging with out activating it on your account. In regards of the sim card associated with the new iPhone, this will only come into play if you activate it on your account. So you can essentially keep the sim card in the new iPhone with out it affecting your account.   

To summerize, you can absolutely sell the iPhone 5 without opening it, retaining its pristine value, all while keeping your current number on your current phone.

Thank you,

GeorgeP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Wildman
Legend

Thanks, all this time I thought the device needed to be activated first.

0 Likes
learnfree
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you George, appreciate the time.

I may end up giving this phone to my mom instead and she'll give me her iphone 4s.  Besides that, I'm still confused.  If i were to give this iphone 5 to my mom or anyone else, he or she would open up the package and when they do, they'll have the option of activating it to their own account, even when it was originally under my contract?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey that is good to hear and i thought as long as the Line was Covered it could be sold if the OP decided to do that.. That's why i kept my Droid X if i would to decide to sell one of Maxx's but keep the Line it went on i could put my X back on it..

0 Likes
james910

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

learnfree,

The iPhone 5 is a great device and definitely the latest & greatest. I know it would be hard for me to part ways with it, but if you are interested in selling it, I'm happy to outline the process.

After ordering the device you have the ability to sell it in its original packaging with out activating it on your account. In regards of the sim card associated with the new iPhone, this will only come into play if you activate it on your account. So you can essentially keep the sim card in the new iPhone with out it affecting your account.   

To summerize, you can absolutely sell the iPhone 5 without opening it, retaining its pristine value, all while keeping your current number on your current phone.

Thank you,

GeorgeP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If I have a basic phone and upgrade to an Iphone I would not need to activate it before selling?  When upgrading it requires adding a data package is this added automatically or only if the Iphone is activated?  If it is added automatically what do I do to ensure I am not being charged for data, on my basic device?  I have read the phone has to be activated to accept the terms and conditions of the contract, but I have also read the terms and conditions are accepted when the order is placed which is correct?

0 Likes