Sent a brick iphone to replace another broken one
riegsman

I was recently sent a refurbished iphone 5 to replace the one in which the speaker you listen to people in stopped working. With the one that was sent, all the sudden today it turned into a brick after just sitting in my pocket. I restored it once and even re-downloaded IOS 7. This is getting a little ridiculous. Its my 3rd one i have had problems with in 1 YEAR.

What am the heck is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sent a brick iphone to replace another broken one
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you riegsman!

Having multiple replacements is never fun, especially if you're having issues again. I will be more than happy to review all available options! I appreciate you restoring your device and as mentioned it continued to reboot. It unfortunately may be something corrupt in your backup files if this is the case. Please try backing up and restoring as a new device, then move your information over again. Here are the steps: http://bit.ly/18PQwOt

Keep me posted!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

User error.

Why was it in your pocket in the first place?

0 Likes
riegsman

because i was walking? how is it user error if the phone was in my pocket? that doesnt make any sense how the thing turned into a brick just giving me the apple logo.....

After i restored it it worked ok for 5 minutes and then it turned off and turned back on and continued to do that in 5 minute intervals.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Phones dont belong in pockets. A plethora of things can go wrong as you now see.

0 Likes
riegsman

I don't understand how being in a pocket for 5 minutes can completely ruin a phone. Do you know how many people walk with phones in their pockets. That doesn't make sense that it could kill my phone. I just am so upset that it is my third iPhone 5 this year. I mean i just got this refurbished one on Wednesday i think.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you riegsman!

Having multiple replacements is never fun, especially if you're having issues again. I will be more than happy to review all available options! I appreciate you restoring your device and as mentioned it continued to reboot. It unfortunately may be something corrupt in your backup files if this is the case. Please try backing up and restoring as a new device, then move your information over again. Here are the steps: http://bit.ly/18PQwOt

Keep me posted!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes