Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Should it take 20 seconds to dial a call?
cjhubbs

On my wife's new iPhone 5, when she hits the call button, or clicks on a contact name to place a call, it takes 20 seconds or more for the call to start ringing. Sometimes it doesn't dial at all, and she has to try the call again. She's got lots of good LTE network signal, and can get data service just fine, but it takes an eternity to dial. 

Should it take that long? Any ideas on a fix?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Should it take 20 seconds to dial a call?
Mz_FatFat

No it should take 20 seconds to make a call out but she may need to complete a reset of the network settings.

Go to settings in the phone> General> Reset> Reset Network Settings ( this will not erase the content on her phone)

It will power the phone off and back on by it self. It could be also that she may be having a network issue depending on were she is having the issue.Although you may have great coverage sometimes you can have too much coverage and that can cause an issue as well. Other option is to do a soft reset which is holding down the home key and power key for about 15 seconds and you will see the apple appear and allow the phone to reboot.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Should it take 20 seconds to dial a call?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

She might have a good LTE signal, but the voice calls go over the CDMA network.  That signal might not be as strong in all areas.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Congratulations to your wife for her new phone!
It should not take 20 seconds or more to make a call at all, cjhubbs! If you have performed the steps to reset network settings
http://bit.ly/ZYAFbx and you are still having problems, we can check some things in the area by having a trouble ticket submitted.
You can call 800.922.0204 option 3  to get that done with technical support.
Are there others in the area that have a tough time with calls ringing after a number has been dialed?

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
eholz2678

Just update the my Verizon app..fixed the issue for me. I'm thankful I didn't delete the app as some of the forums have said because I actually do use it. I have absolutely no issues after updating it 👍