Re: Since iOS 8.1 update my phone now shows extended coverage only. Help!!
Ldlanb5843
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your response was written in Oct, and it is now Dec, and the issue is still prevelant. When I contacted Verizon Customer Support, I was told that as long as I was not dropping calls, able to make and receive calls, and get online, it should be fine. I have been a customer of Alltel/Verizon for 7 years now and would hope that Verizon would offer a higher level of customer support than that for an issue such as this. Very disappointed.

0 Likes
Ldlanb5843
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you still having succes with your fix? Just bought a 6plus and it immediately activated into Extended and no one wants to help rectify this issue...... Thanks. 12/16/2014

0 Likes
whatevz
Enthusiast - Level 2

NOPE! Went to Verizon and got a new sim card. While still in the store, nothing changed. Later, outside the store, it flipped back to Verizon coverage! But not for long... literally minutes later, I was back on extended network. The battery issues are still killing me. I won't have time until after Christmas to sit in the Verizon store and get this fixed once and for all, that is, if they can even fix it!

tl;dr -- replacing sim card didn't fix the problem, and it's still bad.

0 Likes
Uvapnp

I've had a similar experience with my Iphone 5 after doing the 8.1 update.

I have been to the Verizon store several times and drove an hour to the

Apple store. Neither company seems to want to take responsibility for the

all the issues (extended LTE, shorter battery life, and connection issues).

Verizon just keeps telling to buy a new phone. The phone worked perfectly

until the update. Buying a $600 phone doesn't solve the real issue.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 8:40 AM, whatevz <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
jakeneeman

having all the same issues with my iphone 5.  replaced sim card on advice from a verizon tech person on the phone.  didnt help.  battery life is terrible.  need a solution.

0 Likes
Damarriss

Just moved to Ormond Beach from Maine and while Verizon's map shows excellent coverage - I keep having dropped calls here with my 5s. Also, showing extended, sometimes LTE, sometimes just 'Verizon'.   I have not noticed battery problems (yet...) but will keep an eye on this. 

It is frustrating that they can't seem to solve this per the trail of communication here.   I have a ticket in for this problem and was told that someone would contact me w/in 3-5 biz days.  Will update everyone on whether or not I can get resolution and what they do.  I don't want to have to buy a $200 gizmo to increase my connectivity - esp when they tell me there is a tower w/in 2-3 miles of our new home.   May have to switch to T Mobile so I can get wifi phone  - I work from home and need to be able to have conversations that don't make me sound like I am underwater. 

0 Likes