Some calls are going straight to voicemail. Not all, but some. I do not have "Do not disturb" enabled nor do I have "Call Forwarding" enabled. How do I fix this?
Jeff72034

Some calls are going straight to voicemail.  Not all, but some.  I do not have "Do not disturb" enabled nor do I have "Call Forwarding" enabled.  How do I fix this?  Even when I am right by my phone I get a notification of a voice mail received.  There is no "missed calls" referenced when this happens.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Some calls are going straight to voicemail.  Not all, but some.  I do not have "Do not disturb" enabled nor do I have "Call Forwarding" enabled.  How do I fix this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jeff72034,

Let's make sure we get you calls coming through. Have you had this issue since you received the iPhone 6? Do you notice if this issues happens when you are only in a certain area or indoors? Does this happen to the same contacts or a variety of different contacts? What zipcode are you in?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Some calls are going straight to voicemail.  Not all, but some.  I do not have "Do not disturb" enabled nor do I have "Call Forwarding" enabled.  How do I fix this?
Jeff72034

Thank you for getting back to me.  The issue developed over the last 2 months or so.  I've had the phone (iPhone 5) much longer than that.  I see where you are going with trying to isolate a variable like a particular place or caller.  It's random.  It can happen at home, or at either office I work in, or on the road.  It's happened with several callers, even ones whose calls come through. Sometimes I just get a notification that someone left a message.  This happens even if the phone is right next to me and does not ring.  I didn't realize the extent until my boss emailed me about not answering calls.  Currently, I am in the 62864 zipcode and most often I stay within 30 miles of that. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's quite odd, Jeff72034! Let's dive deeper. Have you tried resetting the network settings or doing a full restore of your phone yet?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Jeff72034

I tried resetting the network settings.  Still not getting my calls.  Missed at least two today that I've heard about.  I'll try a full restore.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the update Jeff72034. I can understand that this is frustrating and we do want to make sure this is resolved for you. Please keep us posted on if the factory restore worked for you.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jeff72034

Unfortunately, after a factory reset, my phone still sends calls directly to voicemail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It sounds like we need to help to investigate this issue further, Jeff72034! Please reply my direct message for additional assistance.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Some calls are going straight to voicemail. Not all, but some. I do not have "Do not disturb" enabled nor do I have "Call Forwarding" enabled. How do I fix this?
Jeff72034

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for helping. What can I do next?

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry for any confusion, Jeff72034. This is still the public forum. MichelleH_VZW sent you a private direct message http://vz.to/1zR1EFl so you can reply with the details we'll need to investigate. You can find her direct message in your inbox http://vz.to/1zR1PjW.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes