Re: Some of my contacts not receiving my text messages
kteal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately making sure everyone had the 10 digit phone number didn't work for me.  We tried every version of the number we could think of and certain people still don't receive my texts.   

carmenflora
Enthusiast - Level 2

still having the problem, none of the advice on here has helped.  I am really frustrated and might just switch to ATT.

0 Likes
Libertino85

I'm having the same problem... However, when I send them a picture via text, they receive it. It's only written text that they can't receive.

Any fixes or solutions that work? Please...

0 Likes
carmenflora
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi!  This is the original poster.  So after three factory resets (which were unsuccessful) I finally got someone at verizon who knew what to do!  She walked me through a reset/restore via itunes.  Originally I was frustrated because it seemed she was having me do what I had done three times previous.  But it was different.

I recommend logging a technical ticket with verizon and telling them that you need them to walk you through a system restore via itunes. 

She recommended that I do load everything that I had on my phone because it is possible that something was corrupt causing the issue.  That part is kind of annoying but I will take being able to text and having to start new than what I was dealing with before.

Good luck all.  I know how frustrating it is.

One other thing you can try is to delete the message thread completely with the person who is not receiving your replies.  Then delete their contact also completely.  Then send them a new test entering their phone number in with the area code first.  That worked for my husband for a couple of the folks he was having trouble with.  Ultimately he will be contacting verizon to do the restore as well.

bxrslobber
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im having the same issue; some of my contacts are not receiving my texts. I think it has something to do with the Facebook app & it may be sending messages to their FB email instead? But honestly I have no clue & it's seriously frustrating! I removed the FB app & their fb info still shows in contact info. How do I get rid of all that junk so I can send a regular old text? lol

jasminraven

Similar thing happening to my wifes phone. She has had Verizon for years. A couple of years ago, I dropped ATT to get on her Verizon as a second user to save money. All worked well even after she updated her phone in the first of August. The last few days, she started not getting my texts.

0 Likes
carmenflora
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Verizon Wireless Customer Support,

Based on this feedback, I think that it would make sense to escalate this issue to someone who can fix this problem. 

Thanks!

Andrea

kai29
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am having the same problem.  I already posted but no one answered my post Smiley Sad.  Hope this can be resolved if so many of us are having this problem. 

Libertino85

What has worked for me (not sure if this solution has been posted already): Delete the contact of the person who is not receiving your text. Also delete any previous texts from that person. Then re-enter the contact's information. or better yet, text that person by punching in their phone number before saving their contact information... Anyway, this worked for me. I think that person's contact information was somehow corrupted or something. Anyway, give it a try.

0 Likes
bxrslobber
Enthusiast - Level 1

That seems like a lot of work & I dont want to do that for every contact. I've been researching online today & I think it may have something to do with SMS and MMS messages...maybe? Anyone, Anyone??

0 Likes