Stuck in Recovery Mode.
rundisneyfan

My 5s is stuck in Recovery Mode and I get Error 1. I've done all of Apple's troubleshooting steps. I am not upgrade eligible until next May. I don't have phone insurance. Early Edge requires I turn in my phone in good operating condition or be assessed $299. What are my options in getting a new phone without paying full price? Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Stuck in Recovery Mode.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi rundisneyfan
:et's get you up and running! Have you tried a hard reset? If not here's how: http://vz.to/1zscZdy  Is your device damaged in any way? Any other lines eligible to upgrade?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rundisneyfan

Hi Joe,

I've tried the hard reset. When the phone powers up, it says connect to iTunes. When connected to iTunes, I'm told that the phone needs to update the iOS and recover the backup. The software is downloaded, extracted and installed. When confirming the install, an error message comes up stating that the update could not be completed (Error 1). The phone does not have any damage. It did not get wet or dropped. A couple weeks ago it just started searching for a signal when my wife's phone had a strong 4G LTE signal. I did a hard reset and I am in the current situation. None of my other lines are eligible for an upgrade. If my phone had not flaked out, I would not be looking at upgrade options. I'm guessing my options are close to non-existent.Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's see if we have another option, rundisneyfan!

Do you have the extended warranty on your device by any chance? This may allow you to get a replacement even past the one year warranty.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes