Sudden iPhone Shut Down
sgusel

Today my Iphone 5 shut off without warning, and my power button doesn't work so I am unable to just turn it back on. I've tried plugging my phone in to charge and on iTunes and it isn't even registering. I am positive the cord isn't the problem, but now I have run out of ideas. How am I going to be able to turn my cellular device back on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sudden iPhone Shut Down
TechZen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like a hardware issue.  If you are close to a Verizon Wireless store or an Apple store,  I would stop by and allow the technicians to look at the phone.  From there, they can give you options if they cannot fix it, or if you have insurance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TechZen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like a hardware issue.  If you are close to a Verizon Wireless store or an Apple store,  I would stop by and allow the technicians to look at the phone.  From there, they can give you options if they cannot fix it, or if you have insurance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you sgusel!

I'm so very sorry to learn that your iPhone won't power back on! We definitely want to make sure you have a working phone as soon as possible. Please try plugging the phone in to the original charger in to a wall outlet. Then press and hold the power button and the home button at the same time for at least 45 seconds or until you see the Apple logo. It should then boot up as normal. If it does not, does the phone have any physical or liquid damage?

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sgusel

Phone as taken to a Verizon store and replaced under warranty.

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fantastic news sgusel! Please keep us posted if we can assist in the future, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes