Swapping iphone 5 from friends new line to my line
AKM1979

Hi,

I have a friend who has switched from Tmobile to Verizon and purchased the iPhone 5.  After the purchase they decided they didn't want the iPhone 5 and will be swapping phones with me.  They will have a separate account with Verizon Wireless.  Do I need to activate the iPhone 5 on their account and then switch it to my number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Swapping iphone 5 from friends new line to my line
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes. If your friend does not activate it at least momentarily on his line, he would eventually be charged full retail for the phone.

0 Likes
amberlee08

and i believe you'll have to wait 24hours after he activates it until you can switch it to your line. At least thats what i had to do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi AKM1979,

The information provided by rcschnoor and amberlee08 is correct (thanks you!). Your friend must first activate his new iPhone on his account to accept terms and conditions (contract) to retain the promotional price of the phone. Once this is done you can switch devices with your friend. Lucky!

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Vdede626
Contributor - Level 1

If you do that and you have unlimited data will you be able to keep your unlimited data..

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes.

The receiver is not using an upgrade and is not receiving subsidy on the iPhone.  That is being charged to the friend's new line.

0 Likes
Vdede626
Contributor - Level 1

Cool so if i did taht I still will be able to keep my unlimited data. I have been with verizon for about 5 years now.

0 Likes