Switched from Sprint...
t0byd0g1

I'm so glad I switched! I thought I would share my speed test results that were take from the same location. The top result is Verizon and the others were from my Sprint iPhone 5.  To be fair, this is comparing their 3G service to VZW's LTE (Sprint's LTE service is not available in my area). The overall experience has been great...I can make phone calls in my house! lol Smiley Happy 

speedtest.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switched from Sprint...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi t0byd0g1!

Thanks for posting your great experience with the VZW network, and welcome to the family! I'm so glad that you find it such a great improvement from your previous carrier. Enjoy!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Rich_L

I agree, I got an iPhone 5 on launch date with Sprint and the phone itself was great Sprints service made it terrible and frustrating. I always got 3G so slow that it was unusable or a little "o" representing no data in an area that was suppose to have full coverage.

Cancelled and switched to VZ, everything was smooth and as soon as I activated "LTE" shows up, speeds are faster than my home wifi.

Absolutely great!

I dont work for VZ in any way.

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

Vzw has worst cuSt service

0 Likes
Not applicable

then I suggest going with a carrier that has CS that satisfies your needs.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep that unlimited data isn't so hot when it's slow or unusable.

0 Likes
t0byd0g1

I think they all have bad customer service, at some point.  For the most part, Sprint CS was fine, but they had their moments.  I've spoken to VZW CS twice and it's been a great experience.  When I was Sprint, I rarely spoke to them, probably once or twice in the past 5 years.  Being a week on VZW, I can say that I'm so glad I switched.  I've yet to drop a call, my phone works at the gym (no signal with Sprint), I can make phone calls INSIDE my house, no need for an Airave, etc.  It looks like I'm going to pay around $20/mo more than Sprint, but I will tell when I get my 2nd bill.  VZW applies employee discounts only on the $70, not the entire plan like Sprint does.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It depends on the agreement that your company has with VZW. I get 2 discounts...one for the voice plan and one for the data. Some people only get the discount on their voice plan. Some people get employee discounts on devices (but I'm pretty sure the iPhone has always been excluded)...some get it on accessories (which I also get). It just depends on what your company agreed to with VZW.

0 Likes
t0byd0g1

Thanks for the info.  I'm going to check with them, because I can get a 20% with my employer and my wife can get 20% with hers.  Originally, I signed up with mine, and then she switched it over to hers.  I know both cover free activation, but didn't know about the data part. 

0 Likes