Switched upgrade to another line. Email confirmation says wrong line upgraded. Thoughts?
dougiefresh805

So I switched an upgrade from one number to another during the iphone preorder last Friday. The whole time throughout the check out process it had the number that I wanted to upgrade. Then I got the email confirmation saying that the number that I switched from was upgraded, not the line I gave the upgrade to. Do you think this is just a glitch in the auto email confirmation you receive or do you think my iphone will arrive pre-set to the wrong number? I know you can switch devices online, will you still be able to do that with iphone 5?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switched upgrade to another line. Email confirmation says wrong line upgraded. Thoughts?
bluegrasslass

I had the same experience; others on this forum have been able to switch online; I plan to go to the storefront.

0 Likes
Re: Switched upgrade to another line. Email confirmation says wrong line upgraded. Thoughts?
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

Exact same thing happened to me.  So I called twice and both reps told me I just have to call them as soon as I get it, before turning it on, and they will switch it to the correct line.  The only discrepancy was that one rep told me I'd lose my unlimited data even if if I'm transferring the upgrade.  The second rep said I wouldn't. The good thing is we have that 14-day grace period to go back to our original plan (and return the phone) in case they screw us.

0 Likes
Lysdexia

Anyone know how to switch it online?  I called and the CSR said that my moms phone would be disabled until she switched hers back because the site screwed up the upgrade option.  I have to call in to switch and I will have no way to contact her to tell her to activate hers again

0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

Same thing happened to me (see my previous reply), but interestingly enough, today I received the Shipment Status e-mail from Verizon and on that e-mail, the correct line's phone number was listed in the Order Summary.  So I guess the way we originally placed the order online did in fact stick, even though we got that erroneous confirmation e-mail stating otherwise.

I'm hoping that when I get the phone, the correct number will be listed on the enclosed paperwork as well, then I can just activate the phone without having to call.  If the paperwork has the wrong number listed, I'll call before activating, as the reps had advised me to.

0 Likes
Akisato
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same thing as yr2615. On my confirmation email when I ordered the phone the number shown was the number from the original phone that had the available upgrade. When I got my shipping update email it had the phone number of the phone I transferred the upgrade to. It should be okay I think...wouldn't hurt to call and double check though I guess

0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

I've never done it, but one of the reps told me you simply log on to My Verizon, and click on "Activate or Switch Device" and just follow the steps from there.  If it's an iPhone you'll be activating, I believe you'll need the MEID number which is found by going to settings>general>about>MEID. If it's another type of phone than I think you need the serial number.  People have posted on this forum saying it's fairly easy, straightforward, and best of all, immediate!  I recommend calling though, if they screwed up your upgrade.  That's what I'm going to have to do on Friday if it turns out they put my iPhone 5 on the wrong line.  From what the rep told me, it sounds like the wrong line will not be inconvenienced at all as long as the phone is not actually activated on that line. 

0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

I'm afraid to call back for fear of getting some more conflicting information that's going to worry me further..LOL.  These next three days are going to be reeeaaaally long...

0 Likes
Leminkel
Enthusiast - Level 3

This was my situation as well. All through the pre-order it had the appropriate line to upgrade, then in the email confirmation it had reverted back to the line that was legitimately eligible for the upgrade. I received my shipping notification through Verizon a few hours ago, and it is NOW under the correct number. When I log on to My Verizon and check order status, it is now showing the correct number. Wait it out, it will most likely fix itself.

*On a side note, when I spoke to a Verizon rep about the situation, the rep advised me that if it did happen to ship under the wrong line, that I would have to go to the store to get a new SIM for the phone, as phone numbers cannot be transferred to and from these SIM cards. Good luck to you, and enjoy your new phone!

0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

Leminkel, I read that about the SIM card on another thread also, but when I called Verizon the rep said the SIM cards are internal and switching it to the correct line CAN be done over the phone.  But who knows?  We're all getting conflicting info.   

0 Likes