Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Telemarketing call filter app on iphone 5: Apple-Carrier issue?
boas1

I am on my second iphone (5) and probably my last.  Besides the awful iMaps, I still cannot get an app to manage annoying telemarketing calls.  I was told by one of my business customers Apple does not allow them in the App Store due to contractual restrictions with ATT and Verizon.  Can anyone confirm this is true?  If so, it is definitely my last iphone and good by to Verizon at the end of my contract.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Telemarketing call filter app on iphone 5: Apple-Carrier issue?
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

mrpearsoy wrote:

Have you tried registering your number on the government website donotcall.gov ? That may work for you.

Unfortunately, that doesn't stop all of them, especially robo calls.

You can always block up to 5 numbers free through your on-line MyVerizon account, or pay $4.95 per month for Verizon's Usage Controls.  Some folks are reporting success in using YouMail (it's in iTunes).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Novice

boas1 wrote:

I am on my second iphone (5) and probably my last.  Besides the awful iMaps, I still cannot get an app to manage annoying telemarketing calls.  I was told by one of my business customers Apple does not allow them in the App Store due to contractual restrictions with ATT and Verizon.  Can anyone confirm this is true?  If so, it is definitely my last iphone and good by to Verizon at the end of my contract.

So because there is not an app to block telemarketers you are going to change providers. interesting. Have you tried registering your number on the government website donotcall.gov ? That may work for you.

0 Likes
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

mrpearsoy wrote:

Have you tried registering your number on the government website donotcall.gov ? That may work for you.

Unfortunately, that doesn't stop all of them, especially robo calls.

You can always block up to 5 numbers free through your on-line MyVerizon account, or pay $4.95 per month for Verizon's Usage Controls.  Some folks are reporting success in using YouMail (it's in iTunes).

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

You need to register your number with the federal Do Not Call list if you have not. If the calls you are receiving are from companies you have not done business with, are currently doing business with, or affiliates of companies you have/are doing business with then they shouldn't be calling you after your number is placed on the list (it may take up to 30 days I believe for the rolls to update). Otherwise, this isn't an iPhone issue. It wouldn't matter what phone you were using...telemarketers can call you if they have your number and you are not on the Do Not Call list. Also, tell the telemarketer that is contacting you that you want them to remove you from their calling list. They must do this if you request it. As mentioned, you can block some numbers either with the free option or with the monthly option.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

It depends on what type of robo calls you are referring to. If they are calls from political organizations, charities, surveys, and polls won't be stopped but you can request that those contacting you stop calling. Also, companies can not use automated dialers to call cell phones per FCC regulations.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt136.shtm

0 Likes