Terrible voice/SMS coverage in my home
go55k

Hello - I have a iPhone 5s and my kids have the iPhone 5c and we all get spotty voice and SMS coverage in our home despite being a fully supported 4G LTE area (according to the coverage map).  On a good day I get 2 bars, but usually just one.  We have a ranch style home and we are 20 miles east of the Rocky Mt. foothills.  My point being, we do not live in a valley or near any hills or large trees for that matter. 

This is getting very frustrating, especially after one incident in which I was in a call queue with my cable/internet provider for over an hour when I finally got through to speak to a support rep and began taking steps to troubleshoot my modem issue, the call dropped after taking two steps from where I had started the call.  I was furious to say the least.  Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible voice/SMS coverage in my home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

go55k,

Oh no, let's get these messages back business! What's your zip code? Do you experience service issues everywhere or just at home? Please share details.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
go55k

My zip code it 80503.

I have experienced poor coverage in certain areas, but for obvious reasons

(i.e in the mountains, in bottom levels of multi-storied buildings, etc.).

Although, now that I think about it, I have had the exact same issue at my

mother's house which is about 8 miles north of mine (same zip).

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 6:42 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information go55k! We want your phone to make/receive calls and messages as intended! Do these service issues occur mainly inside your home and your mom's home? Does service improve when outdoors? What is your iPhones' iOS version?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes