Text messages not received
ErnieTsMom

I can send text messages, but some of my friends aren't receiving them.  I don't get any error message.  It's a mixture of different carriers and cell phones on the receiving end.  There is no rhyme or reason as to who receives and who doesn't.  Anyone else having this problem?  Anyone know how to fix it??

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages not received
Mvbc

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever get it resolved?

0 Likes
ErnieTsMom

Not really.  I went to the Verizon Store... they changed some settings (don't know what) and it still didn't work. Chatted online with Tech Support.  Went through all my settings with them.  Bottom line... he said the problem is with the people that aren't receiving.  I did send a 'group message' to two of them and they received it.  So it seems the problem is with SMS vs. MMS.

Let me know if you figure yours out.  Thanks!

0 Likes
AmieLind

I'm having the same issue, also.  I think it's pretty funny that the rep you spoke with blamed it on the person receiving the text because my husband hardly ever receives mine, and he's on Verizon as well.  We're on the same plan and he maybe receives 10% of the texts I send to him.  I'm also having trouble sending pics via text.  Getting a little irritated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ErnieTsMom and Community!

I can't have you all running around having one sided conversations!  I will be delighted to provide some suggestions to see if we can fix this together.

When you notice the other party not receiving your messages, are they blue messages or green messages? (iMessage versus SMS Text)

Do you have their phone number saved in your contact list as a 10 digit number? (area code included)

Try deleting the contacts and re-entering them manually (I'm sorry!) just to ensure it's not a glitch in the contact format.

Keep me posted!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ErnieTsMom

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for your help!  Although not consistent, I think you found the problem.  When I add the area code to one of the numbers that wasn't receiving my text, it works... text was received.

For the record, in answer to your other questions:  The problem was with SMS Text, not iMessage.  I had already tried deleting and re-adding.  Even had them send me a text and added to my contacts that way. 

Also, for the ones that were receiving my texts with no problem, I didn't have the area code on them either.

Very strange, but I guess the bottom line is, use the 10 digit phone number all the time.

Thank you so much for your help!

Audrey (ErnieTsMom)

0 Likes
AmieLind

We finally had to do a factory reset and restore on mine.  That was yesterday and everything has been working fine since.

0 Likes
Mvbc

I got mine fixed the other night. Was on the phone with Verizon Support and got to a Tier 2 rep. Turns out, it was an issue with my local network. They just reset the switch that my phone (and texts) was going to, and it worked fine. They told me they had to reset my local network switch a few days earlier for another customer. Granted, that person's issue was different, but it involved texts and it seemed to help prove that my local network switch needs addressing. Once we went through all of the other options (resetting the phone, etc.) with no success, he tried this, and it worked instantly.

0 Likes
cl81971

i am having the opposite problem.  I cant send txt but I can receive them.  I have spoken with both VZW and Apple reps and no one has any idea why this is happening.  I can send and receive imessages though.  The other issue I have is when I connect to my laptop it doesnt connect to itunes.  Weird issues.  Everything else works fine.

0 Likes
rkaneko626

I am also having the same issue. Everything was working fine 2 days ago and now my friends who are not using an iPhone are not receiving my messages.  I have tried re-entering a couple of contacts, but still the same thing... My husband who is also on the Verizon network but is using an Android phone has stopped receiving all of my text messages as of yesterday. It shows that it has been sent, but he hasn't received a single one. Hoping someone has a suggestion on what else can be done.

0 Likes