Text messaging problem
Asunder

I can send and receive text but they are severely delayed. Is it my signal to the tower causing the delay? this problem didn't start until after the july 4th, any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Text messaging problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have no fear, Verizon is here! Let's get your text working like you are used to. Let's start with how much available memory is on your iPhone 5? Also, is there any physical or liquid damage on the phone? If you can share this info as well as the iOS and carrier verion on the iPhone 5 then we can customize a solution for you.

Arnett_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Asunder

There is no physical or liquid damage on the phone, 12gb of memory is available, iOS 6.1.4 and Verizon 14.2

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details Asunder! Does this happen with every message? Are these standard text message or iMessages? Lets try to reset your network settings and test out. Here is how: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network settings. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Lena_VZW

Jcohee4738
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having an issue. I am a ported inAT&T customer from back in March 2013. 

It started out with one person (Converted Alltel customer) and now it's my son on my Family Share Plan. 

I talked to tier 2 tech support Wednesday (Matt) and he assured me the converted alltel customer was receiving my messages, but they aren't.

I've reset network settings, restored with iTunes, deleted all my apps, let battery run 100% down and charged it, deleted contact of people not receiving my texts and inputting them back in with area code 419-722-????, and nothing seems to work.  5 bars of LTE service, etc.  have prl 15233, 7.6 BG available,

I don't think it's a hardware issue, as I had this problem on my previous iPhone 5 before I had to have it fru'd out due to battery issue. 

Could it be a SIM card issue?  Please advise, this is annoying and my way of talking to my son. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the posting. Rest assured that we are committed to getting this issue resolved for you. May I ask what iOS and carrier version do you have on the iPhone? Also, when did you port the number over from At&T? Swapping out the sim card is an option that we can exercise. We can mail you out one or you can get one from our corporate store. whichever you choose. Let me know so we can proceed.

Arnett_VZW

Jcohee4738
Enthusiast - Level 2

Arnett_Vzw -

I called and eventually talked to a tier 2 tech support, and they inputted trouble tickets for me.  It turned out that all 3 numbers I was having issues with were Verizon Customers.  I do not know what the outcome of the research was determined as, but I received a text today saying that they issues been solved.  I have not had anyone tell me if they have or have not been getting my messages. 

I have the Iphone 5 on Verizon, and had an 4s on AT&T. 

From all the extensive research I have done, I am thinking it is an Apple Software issue, and many, many, many Iphone 5 Customers from all carriers are having this issue.  I wish Apple would fix the Battery Issue, as well as text messaging issue(s). 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks Jcohee4738. It sounds like the resolution ticket was completed. I recommend contacting the numbers you were having difficulties with to confirm they are receiving the messages. Please be assured we are not reporting known issues with messaging specific to the iPhone 5.

Jonathan_VZW

0 Likes