Texting in Canada?
afgriff

I read in a review that data with the Verizon iPhone 5 is not possible in Canada.  I travel there often.  Does any one know if I can do messaging while in Canada?  I have a Nationwide plus Canada phone plan.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting in Canada?
Weth
Legend

You won't get 4G LTE data in Canada, but you will get 3G data. You can text message in Canada. 

0 Likes
afgriff

Thanks, Weth.  As long as I can send and receive text messages while in Canada I should be good to go.  Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Tom

0 Likes
WiseJD

There is no issue Texting to and from Canada with the iPhone 5.  I travel to Canada and spend several months there each year.  Every Summer, I have changed my Text and Talk Plan to a Nationwide + Canada plan each summer due to my large number of in Canada Cell Phone Calls (either to the US or Canada to Canada.  This year I found out paying the extra over Text and Talk was a very bad idea as rather than save me money monthly, it nearly doubled my cost.  My situation is undoubtedly different than your in that I have five phones on my plan.  At any given time while one or two of the phones is in Canada the others remain in the US.  With the Nationwide + Canada Plan the maximum monthly Texting Plan only goes up to 1,500 Texts across the five phones.  One daughter alone had more than 3,500 in June.  It was 20 cents for each of her texts (all within the US).  My Text and Talk Plan has unlimited Texts for each of the five phones.  Never again will I bother changing to Nationwide + Canada. 

0 Likes