Texts disappear while typing on 5s
CLaireinfl

Our iPhone 5s has throughout the years, had a texting problem.  As my husband types a text message and scrolls to reread what he typed, the text message disappears before he has a chance to send it.  We NEED a fix, please

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Texts disappear while typing on 5s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can’t have your husband constantly retyping his messages throughout the day. Is this happening with all text messages or only some? Were there any changes to the phone when the issue started?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Claireinfl, help is here. A fix is much needed to stop your husband's iPhone from deleting his text before he can even send them. With this going on for years, we need to look into this for you. Does this happen on every message? Please tell me his storage space on the phone (settings, general, about, then check next to "available". Also, what's his current software version (settings, general, version)?

KatrinaN_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CLaireinfl

We purchased two new 5s phones from verizon (with monthly insurance) in 2013, but his didn't work so a refurb phone was sent to him.  I have heard him complain about this problem and the phone so often and I've discovered there are others with this problem.  Nothing was changed, he updates the phone when cued, but the problem still exists and continues with greater frequency.  I've just also seen where KatrinaN_VZN has asked additional questions so I will attempt to answer them on her post. 

0 Likes
CLaireinfl

4.57 GB available

10.20.1 version

We purchased two new 5s phones from verizon (with monthly insurance) in 2013, but his didn't work so a refurb phone was sent to him.  I have heard him complain about this problem and the phone so often and I've discovered there are others with this problem.  Nothing was changed, he updates the phone when cued, but the problem still exists and continues with greater frequency.

Thank you for your response

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Claire, we want to make sure your husband can send text messages without any problems. We'll work together to find a solution. Which text application is he using? iMessages, Verizon Messages, or the text app that came pre-installed?

SheritaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CLaireinfl

He uses the text app which came with the phone

On Apr 7, 2017 5:50 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can’t have this go on any longer. Does this happen on any other apps where you type (email, safari)? What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
CLaireinfl

Thank you for your continued questions. Only the text messages disappear

before he has a chance to send them, not email, not safari.

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 3:52 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Claireinfl-

We will work together to get to the root cause and find a resolution, rest assured. The iPhone uses iMessage (blue bubble) and SMS (Green bubble). Does this issue happen when using iMessage or SMS? Does it happen with everyone he sends a text to or particular numbers?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes