Texts to Landlines?
DJennette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I often text people for work in other states, and sometimes I don't know if a number is a landline or a cellular.   Often I can figure out that an unknown type of number is an iPhone, as the message turns blue for an iMessage.

Sometimes, I get a message that I have sent the text to a landline, and so then I am certain that the number I texted is a landline.   I have texted two friend's home numbers to confirm this, and I get those texts. 

Will I ALWAYS get a "bounced back" message asking me if I want to send my text to that landline as a voice message, or are there times when my text is actually going to a landline phone, but I will not get a "bounce back" message?  If I will NOT always get a message that my text went to a landline, what makes the difference there?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texts to Landlines?
Not applicable

You will always get notified when you send to a landline phone. first off these type of texts cost you money to send.

Secondly instead of just sending it and having you rack up charges it needs to convert it to voice so the other person can hear your text.

My friend on Sprint does this many times by accident and then gets mad when he gets his bill. However when he does it to my landline (actually a Voip Phone) I send a reply back, hoping he has to pay for that too.

0 Likes