The recent call list on my phone shows all the calls made and received on my wife's phone as well as all the calls I made and received. This just started happening. How do I turn this off?
Helpless25

Recent call list on my iPhone 5s shows both my received and made calls as well as the call made and received from my wife's phone.  This just started happening.  How do I turn this feature off?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The recent call list on my phone shows all the calls made and received on my wife's phone as well as all the calls I made and received. This just started happening. How do I turn this off?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like you're sharing the same Apple ID. Each iPhone needs it's own Apple ID and account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: The recent call list on my phone shows all the calls made and received on my wife's phone as well as all the calls I made and received. This just started happening. How do I turn this off?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like you're sharing the same Apple ID. Each iPhone needs it's own Apple ID and account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Helpless25,

I know that would have me a bit puzzled just the same. We definitely want to make sure everyones call logs are in order. When did this start exactly? Have there been any recent changes since this started such as new apps, app updates or software updates? Similar situations to this can occur when sharing an Apple ID. Do you currently share Apple ID's between phones? We can also check to see if the Handoff setting is currently enabled and if so disable that feature and test. See how to enable/disable https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the�CorrecAnswer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Helpless25

This started shortly after I installed last release of operating system. Also hand off was and is disabled. From other forums on Internet it sounds like it started last May and no one seems to like it. A few people are adamant that you have to have a seperate icloud ID for every device you have. That is just crazy

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Helpless25

Does that mean Apple wants us to have a separate I'd for every device I own. That seems crazy and must be a new requirement with the latest release of IOS.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Helpless25, we want to make sure that your phones are syncing up the correct way. I was able to do a little more research on this matter. As previsouly mentioned, I would recommend on setting up a separate iCloud/Apple ID between the two devices. This way you can avoid getting each others call history.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: The recent call list on my phone shows all the calls made and received on my wife's phone as well as all the calls I made and received.  This just started happening.  How do I turn this off?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

No, not ever device. Just for every person. For example if you have an iPhone and iPad, use your Apple ID. If your wife has an iPhone and an iPod and an Mac, she uses hers. If you have a family iPad you can use one of yours, but it will show text messages and phone calls, so you could essentially  have a Family Apple ID.

0 Likes
Helpless25

You may be right but I am not ready to establish other apple IDs until I understand how that is going to impact everything else that is shared

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Re: The recent call list on my phone shows all the calls made and received on my wife's phone as well as all the calls I made and received.  This just started happening.  How do I turn this off?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It's an easy test. Make a second Apple ID, and change one of your phones and see. If it's not to your liking, log back out and add the old Apple ID back.

I'm assuming you share a cloud, iTunes etc. I'm not an iPhone user, but hopefully there is a way to still link those.

0 Likes
Helpless25

The same Text messages are not getting delivered to each of our devices. This must be a very recent requirement by Apple that each of has to have separate IDs. I am going to have to understand how having separate IDs affects all the other stiff we are sharing.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes