Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This AM I was out of town and wanted to place a call to my husband to tell him I was on my way home.
exasperat

This morning as I was placing a call I first put in my code then as I tried to call my husband I was asked for my password?

I don't have a password for placing a personal call, is this new? I was unable to call anyone and when I got home it repeated the same question?

At this time the phone is useless to me! What's with this password thing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: This AM I was out of town and wanted to place a call to my husband to tell him I was on my way home.
Not applicable

You have me a little puzzled.

What code are you talking about? Unlock the phone code?

And what password? Password to unlock the phone is necessary, but not to make a call.

Is this a new iPhone? Did you always have a iPhone? Or was the device an android phone previously?

My guess is the Sim is not set correctly. To test this theory turn off the phone and remove the Sim carefully. Do not touch the gold contact. (Make sure it is in the Sim tray properly)

Then install the Sim back into the phone. Turn on the device and after it is fully booted up try and make another call.

Sometimes devices are set for emergency calls only and it will ask for the device password to be able to make a call not in the emergency slot.

You can also hold the on/off button and the home button together until you see the apple logo. Release the buttons and the device will reset.

The other fix may be to simply go into your settings and reset the cellular network or in the worst case in settings to reset the phone back as to when you first used it.

http://www.apple.com/support/iPhone

Good Luck

0 Likes