Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Transfer of text, pictures and save voice mail messages
ASTADING

Is is true that you can not forward your saved texted, pictures or voice mail messages from a droid to an iPhone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transfer of text, pictures and save voice mail messages
kaebfly
Leader

I assume you can transfer your pictures (and perhaps saved text) if you use one of the programs that will do so (ie outlook, iTunes, etc...you'll have to do a search to find out the method for backing up your stuff from a Droid to your computer in order to do so...I know it can be done coming from a BB since I did it). Your voicemails will need to be backed up and saved before you activate the iPhone or they will be lost since the iPhones vm system is not the same as the "regular" one that everyone else has. There are a few ways to do this but again, you will need to look it up (they may have it on the VZW website like they did when they released the iPhone 4 and 4s. They also usually had the info available in the "Getting Started" guide that came with your phone shipment...may or may not be the same this time). But if you activate your iPhone before doing what you need to save a copy of your voicemails they will be lost and no amount of getting upset or demanding VZW does something to "fix" it will get them back. I know all of this is a bit vague but it's been well over a year since I had to actually do the process so I really can't recall the details. I do recall that one option would be to use VZW's Visual VoiceMail  (their pay version) as a step in saving your voicemails....but in the end the vm's don't end up on your new phone. They end up on your computer or where ever you save them. Then if you want to have them on your iPhone you can sync them via iTunes, but again, they will NOT be on your iPhone voicemail. They will be on your phone as a file (likely a music file unless you convert it to something else like a ringtone file).

0 Likes
Re: Transfer of text, pictures and save voice mail messages
ASTADING

Thank you! Your response was very helpful!

0 Likes