I wasn't able to order the 5s early Friday morning and had to wait until Saturday to put my order in. I used an upgrade from a different line. Since the phone isn't expected to ship for another month (specifically, 10/28), I was wondering if it's possible to visit an Apple store (on the off chance that they have stock) and have them transfer the upgrade for me.
My concern is that if I go to the Apple store and get a subsidized phone with the other line's upgrade (without transferring) it might mess up the other line's plan. Would that be an issue? Is it easy to just call Verizon after I get the phone and transfer it over to my line without affecting the other phone's plan?
Ideally, I would love for that 10/28 ship-by date to get bumped up, but at present that seems unlikely. My impression thus far has been that Apple is giving priority to stocking their stores, rather than filling orders for people who purchased the 5s through their carriers.