Transfer upgrade to keep unlimited data?
Noodles1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I was due for an upgrade but I transferred it to another line on my account and ordered a white 16 g iphone 5. The other line des not have unlimited data.  My line has unlimited, but I was wondering if it's gone now? the phone arrived today, I would like to keep my unlimited, can I activate with the number of the phone it came for and just transfer it tomorrow? Or do I just activate it with my number? Or is the unlimited gone for good?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transfer upgrade to keep unlimited data?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You need to call VZW and see if you have lost your unlimited data.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Line A has unlimited data and is eligible for an upgrade

Line B has the 2 GB data and isn't eligible for an upgrade.

Transferred upgrade from Line A to Line B. Ordered iphone on Line B using the transferred upgrade.  Contract is extended for two years on Line A. The unlimited data plan is no longer available on Line A because the contract was extended.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Legend

You lose unlimited data when you sign a new contract.

If you transfer an upgrade to another line, you are still signing the contract on the line which originally had the upgrade, not the line which uses the upgrade.

You have lost the unlimited data on your line.

svitil

I was told the same - so I'm starting a new vendor relationship with Apple and buyin my iphone5's and tablets directly from apple. They own the relationship anyway -verizon only handles the wireless service. Doing the math, it works out in my favor to buy the phone for full price over 2 years. And giving the money to Apple is fine with me.

As soon as there is alternative pricing to Verizon's cool new plans, I'm gone.

0 Likes
penguin88

If you want to keep your unlimited data plan, you CANNOT use the upgrade.  You have the purchase the phone at retail price and just trade it out with your current phone. A Verizon employee walked me through the steps to purchase an iPhone 5 online using the Month to Month option, which purchases it at retail price.  During the process you have the option to keep the unlimited data plan (otherwise during at that time you would have to choose a new data plan).  Hope this helps!

0 Likes