Trouble Activating a Used iPhone 5
SRSMITHEE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to activate my Dad's old iPhone 5 for my wife to use. I've gotten through most of the steps online and even verified insurance coverage and the plan for the phone, entered the phone ID, and SIM card. But before activating the iPhone 5 in place of her iPhone 4S, I get a screen saying that it can't be completed right now. Could there be an issue with transferring the SIM card to a new number? Both phones are Verizon phones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trouble Activating a Used iPhone 5
SRSMITHEE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ended up going into the local verizon wireless store and the gentlemen told me that I needed a new SIM card and he wasn't surprised I had trouble since we were going from a 3G phone to a 4G phone. It is all resolved now and took less than 10 mins at the store.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SRSMITHEE!

I want your wife to be able to use that iPhone 5 as soon as possible! How about I step in and help out? I've followed you in the forums. Please follow me back and then send me a Direct Message. I assure you that I'll be able to take care of this for you.

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SRSMITHEE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ended up going into the local verizon wireless store and the gentlemen told me that I needed a new SIM card and he wasn't surprised I had trouble since we were going from a 3G phone to a 4G phone. It is all resolved now and took less than 10 mins at the store.

0 Likes