Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trouble with Text ID
Edmar

When I send text messages, it is going out not with my name/number but with one of my email id's (which is not my name).  When people receive it, they don't know who it is coming from and don't respond.  Also, when my family sends me a text now, it goes to that email account.  This is strange.  I upgraded to the 5 from the 4S in July....would that have anything to do with it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trouble with Text ID
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Is it look like it is coming from the email address associated with your Apple ID?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Edmar

yes...that seems to be the case, but I don't know where to check or change it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Start in your message settings on the phone. For more detailed information, someone with experience on Apple will have to chime in to give you the steps to check.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Edmar,

Let's get your number on those text messages pronto! On your phone go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive. Make sure your number is selected. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes