Turn Off International Calling
BaysideCaller
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I stop outgoing international calls?  verizon was no help when I called them and sent me on a wild goose chase to look for a 3rd party app. 

Labels (1)
Re: Turn Off International Calling
usaconsultant
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need to turn off the international calling, since kids may inadvertently use it.  There is no option to turn it off on any line.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

usaconsultant, we understand the need for blocking such calls but would also recommend setting a passcode lock on your phone to prevent such actions. There is no direct way to block international outgoing calls. 

Another alternative would be to place your phone in Airplane Mode while connected to Wi-Fi. This way if your kids use your phone any international call attempt will fail. Does this information help?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
imjibrin
Enthusiast - Level 1

The response by Verizon customer support is rather unfortunate. This is another wild goose chase. It fails to address the issue. Although the original was asked in the context of children playing with his phone, my problem is I make the mistake and call international numbers that I stored for use with WhatsApp. Airplane mode and lock code wouldn't solve the problem for me. It kind of feel Verizon is counting for us to make such mistakes. This month, I am paying $104 extra on my July Phone bill due to inadvertent international call. What baffles me is that AT&T has provided to its customers a way to avoid this https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-voice/KM1010583/

It may be time to leave Verizon after patronage for many years.