Enthusiast - Level 2

>>Duplicate post removed for cross-posting violation of the

Original post is elsewhere in this thread<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: UNLIMITED DATA FOR IPHONE 5
AggieT
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm a little confused, may you please clarify this point for me?

B(Basic phone) gets the upgrade (suppose online or in store) does not activate it and then send it to U (current unlimited smartphone). U, will activate it as his.

Will U remains unlimited?

[I'm asking whether B has to activate her upgraded phone once or not?]

0 Likes
dustay937
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you transfer your upgrade from B to U and then have U upgrade it will cost U its unlimited plan.

What you do is have B upgrade to U's desired phone, then switch that device over to U's line.

Not applicable

I'm not totally sure if you have to activate the phone on the original line that was upgraded or not.  I tend to think you do, but I'm not certain.  If you do, the upgraded line would add a 2GB $30 data plan, but only for a short while.  Then, they would put the basic phone back on the line and immediately cancel the 2GB $30 data plan.  At that point, the new phone is free to be moved to the unlimited data line.

SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I believe you are correct, Horses 547. The phone has to be activated on the line used for upgrade, as that is when the two-year contract terms are accepted. If the phone is never activated on the upgrading line, I think the customer gets billed the full retail price. But yeah, once activated, you're free to move it to the other line. I've never heard of having to wait 24 hours, but I've never actually done this switch. I have, however, switched between smartphones twice in one day with no problems.