Unable to Activate
shaetae22

I am trying to activate an iPhone 5s that was AT&T and then Tracfone/Straight Talk.  When I tried to activate it on my account, it kept giving me an error when trying to activate on my account.  I ended up purchasing a new iPhone SE that works fine.  I swapped the SIM card over and it says Verizon, but then when I try to make a call, it will not make the call and it goes back to No Service.  AT&T has approved the unlock twice now and I called Apple, who said that the phone was registered to Tracfone.  I tried calling Tracfone and they assured me that they do not lock the bring your own device phones (worst customer service ever, for anyone reading this - don't leave Verizon).  Perhaps I am just overlooking something?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to Activate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello shaetae22,

We definitely want to ensure your iPhone 5s can get activated on your account. Some models of iPhone were designed for use on a specific network, some features may not be supported or available. When swapping the SIM card from your iPhone SE to the iPhone 5s, sometimes you have to perform a full factory reset. Here are the steps to reset the phone: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-85254/ This will erase the phone so make sure you have backed up any important information to either iTunes or iCloud.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Unable to Activate
shaetae22

I tried resetting it to factory defaults through the settings and also through itunes.  It does the same thing after the reset (even with no account information - icloud or other) added.

0 Likes